Why Become an NATX Annual Member?
Because membership has its benefits for you.
- Access to lending library
- Hard copy newsletters
- Printed name tag for meetings
- Member, plus:
- Recognized as a “Partner” in newsletter
- Receives 2 discounted tickets to a NATX event
- Member, plus:
- Recognized as an “Ambassador” in newsletter
- Receives 4 discounted tickets to a NATX event
Because membership has its benefits for others.
Membership matters in the fight for a cure.
- Your membership dues help us to raise the level of awareness about neuropathy, an integral component of making more research a possibility. The search for a cure entails constant research into the causes of and treatments for neuropathy, work that also entails constant funding. This endeavor requires that people and institutions are aware of neuropathy and its debilitating nature; they can’t help fund research if they do not know about the disease.
Membership allows us to help others.
- There are over 3.4 million people in Texas with neuropathy, with over 160,000 in the Austin Metro Area alone. Many lack diagnoses or know little about the disease with which they have been diagnosed. They are in desperate need of even the most basic information about it. NATX fills this void with solid information delivered in a variety of formats. If you have been helped by our organization, membership is your chance to “pay it forward” for the next person who needs our help.
Membership supports a worthy mission.
- NATX is the only organization of its type in Texas and one of only a handful in the nation. Member dues help us to continue providing our unique programs and services. Your support helps to raise awareness; educate patients, physicians and the community; and bring hope and support to others. If we are unable to fulfill this mission, there is no one else to do so.
- You may become a member online, by mail, or in person at a meeting.
- To join by mail, please send a check to:
Neuropathy Alliance of Texas
P.O. Box 40874
Austin, TX 78704
Gifts to Neuropathy Alliance of Texas, a 501(c)(3) organization, are tax deductible as allowed by law.
“When I attend the meetings and listen to other people’s stories, I’m encouraged and hopeful about beating neuropathy.”
“Attending the neuropathy support groups has helped me gain more knowledge about peripheral neuropathy so I can be a better caregiver.”
“I’ve seen the physical, mental and spiritual debilitation that neuropathy can create. Knowing that I can help someone else cope with the disease even a little bit makes me proud to be a member.”